It’s hard to believe that 2014 is almost over! Since this is the last blog post of the year, I thought it would be fitting to take a look back at the best products from Mineralogie in 2014. In no particular order, here my top faves from this year!
1. Duo Pressed Blush Compact – I think the biggest concern with mineral makeup is that it’s going to be too messy. Problem solved! Mineralogie came out with their first pressed blush this year, and the result is a game-changer for those hesitant to try mineral makeup. Plus, you get 2 colors in one compact so you can wear either shade or mix them together for a third shade.
2. Metallic Liquid Eye Liners – These seasonal liners were launched for Fall/Winter 2014, and they won’t be around forever! But the colors are amazing (available in gold, silver, and copper) so it’s a good idea to get them while you can.
3. BB Cream – I think we’ve all been waiting to see if BB Cream was here to stay or just a passing trend, and this year we definitely got the answer. BB Cream continues to become more and more popular in the market, and Mineralogie’s BB Creme is a great example of one that can hold its own!
4. The Spring 2014 lipsticks from the Sugar Rush Collection – These two ultra bright lipsticks in Watermelon Splash and Pink Popsicle were such great sellers that Mineralogie decided to make them permanent additions to the line. That should tell you how awesome these colors are!
5. Berries ‘n Cream lip gloss – Another Spring 2014 product from the Sugar Rush Collection. This limited edition gloss color was a light, very sheer lavender color that was to die for! I love it because there’s no other gloss color in the line quite like it. Available in limited quantities. Once it’s gone, it’s gone!
6. The Dynasty Quad – This eye shadow compact features 4 shades: Fusion, Cinnamon, Hustle, and Vintage. Hustle on its own is one of my favorite eye shadows, but this palette all together makes for the perfect bronzey-neutral smoky eye.
7. New Brush-On Brow Gel in Clear – Mineralogie has a new and improved formula of Brush-On Brow Gel. One of my brows has its own agenda when it comes to how it’s shaped (go figure), and this brow gel is the best at taming it and keeping it in place all day.
8. New eye makeup brushes – This year Mineralogie launched several new makeup brushes. The Eye Define Brush (which also doubles as the perfect lip brush too), the Smudge Brush, the Soft Blending Brush, and the Round Detail Brush. Check out my blog post about makeup brushes to get the lowdown!
9. Barcelona Bronze pressed bronzer – This award-winning bronzer gives you the perfect glow with soft golden undertones and a slight sheen to the skin. Its versatility makes it super easy to work with on light skin tones all the way to dark skin tones and every one in between!
10. Twilight radiance shimmer – If you haven’t used this product, then get ready to try your new favorite product of all time! Twilight is the perfect shade of radiance shimmer for highlights on the cheekbone OR on the brow bone OR on the inner corner of the eye. It also spices up any lipstick color with a light dusting. PLUS, you can mix it with your moisturizer before applying to your legs. Oh, and you can also use it as a body shimmer on your arms, back, décolleté, etc. Endless possiblities, people. Just sayin!
So, there it is. My top faves of 2014! This year was a pretty great makeup-wise. And I have a hunch next year will be even more amazing! Although granted, I am privvy to some insider information here at the office so I do know what’s coming up. 😉 I wish everyone a safe and happy holidays, and I’ll be back in 2015!